The PYTHNUT Series is a series of Jurassic Park fanfictions, created in a collaboration between the the users Pythor9449 and Peenut2k7. It is known for it's reliance on battling, "awesomebro" dinosaurs to create a story, not unlike documentaries such as Jurassic Fight Club and many videos created in Pivot Animator. Development on the series was shuttered in the mid 2010's.
With the release of Jurassic World, many of the events that occur largely displace the series from the film canon.
- Peenut2k7's Jurassic Park IV
- Peenut2k7's Jurassic Park V
- Jurassic Park IV: Kill or be Killed
- Jurassic Park V: Return to Isla Tyrannus!
- Jurassic Park VI: Isla Tyrannus Again?
- Jurassic Park VII: No more Humans on Isla Tyrannus
- Jurassic Park VIII: Power
- Jurassic Park IX: Return! (incomplete?)
- Jurassic Park X: The Final Leg
- PYTHNUT Chronology: Series 1 (A collage of all of the complete PYTHNUT fics)
- Tyrannosaurus rex ultimus
- Oxalaia quilombensis hadeni
- Oxalaia rex quimtimus
- Spinosaurus aegypticus robustus
- Volcano Oxalaia (PYTHNUT)
- Volcano Tyrannosaurus Rex Ultimus
The PYTHNUT series has received very negative reception, many readers criticizing its overuse of dinosaur battles, though most serious criticism going towards its abundance of "genetically modified" dinosaurs, believing them to be heavily overpowered and far too anthropomorphic, citing sentences such as "He wanted to strut his stuff to those nubby little T-Rex fanboys among the surviving tourists."
Series 2, originally set for a 2013 start, was supposed to be a continuation of the PYTHNUT series, in the form of Jurassic Park XI: Welcome to Isla Nuevo; however, due to a lack of interest and activity from both collaborators, the series never came into fruition. The PYTHNUT series was cancelled and the group was disbanded shortly after Series 2 was shuttered.
Though the second series was never officially revived, in 2017, a user went out of their way to unofficially continue the story, taking heavy influence from 2015's Jurassic World and its mobile game tie-in.